What’s it all about?
This September, FirstLight Trust is taking part in a crowd funding campaign to raise funds for our project on preventing homelessness. This is an issue that is in desperate need of attention particularly as we come into the Autumn and Winter seasons.
If we reach the fundraising target within a certain time frame then we’ll earn a place on the GlobalGiving platform. This will give us access to even more funding prospects.
What your donation can do to prevent homelessness for veterans
These are just a guide – there is the option to donate a different amount of your choice:
- £8 – one nutritious hot meal
- £12 – food basics for one person for one day
- £20 – Contributes towards one week’s shopping for one person
- £35 – one night’s accommodation in a bed & breakfast
- £50 – pays for a Support Worker to support and advise a homeless person for half a day (4 hours)
- £76 – contributes to supporting a homeless veteran find permanent or tailored accommodation
- £99 – three nights’ emergency accommodation for one homeless veteran
- £250 – three nights’ emergency accommodation, food parcel and support in finding long term accommodation